Health & Safety at Meadowbrook
During these unprecedented times, the goal of The Meadowbrook School is to keep our campus safe and open for in-person learning while maintaining our mission. The Meadowbrook School's Health & Safety Plan was created by an ad hoc committee in response to the pandemic in March 2020. This Plan was designed to implement strategies to reduce the risk of members of our school community getting Covid-19 by following guidelines of the CDC and the Montgomery County Office of Health.
Here at Meadowbrook we:
- Cap class sizes to ensure social distancing within the classroom
- Desks are 3 ft apart (K-6th)
- Optional indoor mask mandate for all students, faculty, and visitors to campus
- Put our all-school lunch program on hold so students can enjoy lunch safely in their classrooms or outside
- Have sanitizing stations throughout the school
- Provide hand washing and sanitizing breaks for students throughout the day
- Cleaning of classrooms and Specials classrooms daily
- Provide outdoor learning spaces and opportunities (weather permitting)
- Hold regularly scheduled Health & Safety Committee meetings to review and adjust our plans as guidance changes often
You can read more about responding to positive COVID-19 cases and contact tracing in schools, here.