Field Day Schedule
Students arrive at regular time
Special Field Day Assembly in Shuttleworth Gymnasium - Please come join us to kick off Field Day at our special morning assembly in the gym, where Mr. Oser will speak briefly and then show a "PE Year in Review" highlight video. Color Captains Farah Horgan and Kennedy Hayward will address the school and continue the Meadowbrook tradition of presenting gifts to each other's Color team. GO RED! GO GRAY! GO MEADOWBROOK!
Field Day begins
"Dear Old Meadowbrook"
40-Yard Dash/75-Yard Dash
Color Relay (Baton)
Tug of War
5th/6th Balloon Toss Relay
Field Day concludes with the presentation of the Walker Cup around 11 AM.
That is it! There is NO AFTERNOON BUS SERVICE. If you cannot attend Field Day, you must arrange for your child to get home. THERE IS NO EXTENDED DAY.
Here are some tips for Field Day:
- All students should come to school wearing their Field Day T-shirt and plain black athletic shorts.
- Parking is always at a premium on Field Day. As the spaces by the school and gym begin to reach capacity, additional parking will be made available on the lower field off Meadowbrook Road and Hampton Road (school-side only).Please adhere to all parking signs and reserved spaces.
- Bus service will not be available following the games. Please make sure your child's classroom teacher is aware of who is permitted to "pick-up" at the conclusion of Field Day.
- Please be sure to put sunscreen on your child before school starts and pack some extra.
- Children can bring towels to sit on (please be sure they are labeled).
- Don't forget to pack water for your child to drink.
- Hats are allowed (except during the flag ceremony).
- POM has sold "eye-black". These stickers are the ONLY accessories allowed.
- We are excited for our parents, grandparents and friends to cheer us on, but please stay in the "spectator areas." These designated areas are behind the students around the bleachers and on the black top. Please do not come over to the students while they are in line to race. This is very distracting for the children.
Mr. Reardon and Mr. Oser will decide if Field Day will take place. You will be notified by our AlertNow system in the morning if the games are cancelled.
- School will be closed for the day, if the games are cancelled.
- A rescheduled Field Day will occur on Tuesday, May 28 in the morning.
- This will be a full day of school and bus service will operate as normal.
- Families are still invited to come and cheer, but students will return to their classrooms afterward.