Application Process and Timeline
Request an Information Packet and schedule a tour and parent interview. During the interview, and Admission staff member will give an overview of Meadowbrook programs, a tour of the school, answer parent questions, and ask questions about your child's interests and educational goals.
Fill Out an Application and mail it or bring it to school on your child's visiting day.
Have your child's current teacher fill out a Recommendation Form and send it to Meadowbrook School.
- For entry into Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten use the PK-K-Teacher Recommendation Form
- For entry into 1st through 6th grade use the 1st-6th Teacher Recommendation Form
Schedule a Visiting Day for your Child - It is a nice opportunity and necessary for your child to visit Meadowbrook as part of the process. An Admission staff member will contact you to set up a visiting morning or day for your child with his/her peers. The length of the visit is determined by his/her grade level.
- 1st - 6th grades - Your student visits for a full day in a class with his/her peers from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten - Your child comes for a half-day visit from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Preschool - Your child comes to the current Preschool class with a parent and visits/observes for an hour during circle time and free play.
During the visit, the student participates in classroom activities, attends special classes and goes to recess and snack. A teacher will spend some individual time with the child to evaluate his/her academic abilities and will observe social interactions with the other classmates and teachers during the day.
In most cases, this is the only testing/evaluation that is required for admission at Meadowbrook. If your child has a speech, occupational therapy, psychological or psychiatric evaluation, or has taken the WISC-IV or WPPSI-III for school admission, we request that you submit a copy of the testing when applying.
Decisions - Rolling Admission
Families will be notified as soon as possible after the admission decision is made. In addition to a phone call, a formal letter of acceptance will be sent. Enrollment agreements are included with the acceptance letters and parents are asked to follow the directions and dates on the forms in order to complete the enrollment process.
Meadowbrook continues to accept applications throughout the year, providing space is available. If there is no space in the grade to which you are applying, you will be placed on the waiting list.